Turn the machine off from the main power point and fit your tag??? Out of Order??? , to avoid someone can try to use the machine during your machinery maintenance procedure.
Open all the cover (and remove if required) at the top of the machine to verify conditions of the blades and punch.
- Guillotine blades: if these blades are damage, they must be rotate or taken for resharpening.
- Don’t forget to put a warning to avoid the machine can be used without the guillotine blades during resharpening period.
- Punch: this must be check for any damage on the male and female side.
- Replace the punch if necessary.
- Rod cut blades: verify its conditions
- Angle cut blades : verify its conditions
- Check the conditions of the pedal cable.
- Replace if it is in poor conditions or repair it if possible to do so.
- Clean the pedal.
Open the lower cover and check for any oil leaking.(Pump enclose)
- Check level of hydraulic oil.
- Clean all the enclosed area around the hydraulic pump.
- Check all hydraulic hose for, leaking, damage, tear or wear.
- Repair immediately any existing leaking.
- Put back all the lower cover
- Lubricate the machine in all its lubrication point.
- General purpose grease should be use it.
- To lubricate you must consider an average of 120 hours of use.
- Verify conditions of components to lubricate before lubricating.
- Some point could require weekly lubrication.
- Check the main power cable for its conditions. If it is damaged, must be replaced.
- Verify conditions of all external switches.
- All switch with damage must be repair or replace it.
- Check conditions of all limit switches. They must be strong in position. A loose or damage limit switch can generate a continuous fault on the machine.
Put all cover back and plug the machine on its power point.
Take some piece of metal, flat off cuts, and test the machine.
Ask to the operator for any possible unusual sound or possible fault.
Clean exterior of the machine. Avoid scrap metal can be stored on top of the machine
Report activity in your lodge document
Date issue; 25.08.15