Turn the machine off from the main power point and fit your tag??? Out of Order??? , to avoid someone can try to use the machine during your machinery maintenance procedure
Open side cover and check;
- Driving belts, if the belts are damaged, excessive cracks, or an excessive wear, they must be replaced
- Check tension of belts.
- Check brake conditions ( on models with pedal brake)
Turn the lathe ON and :
- Run the lathe for a couple of minutes.
- Check level of lubricant oil on visor main gearbox.
- Refill if required with gear oil.
During running test check that:
All the automatic feeding movement are working properly
Check tailstock locking condition.
Both lever must lock properly.
Check top bench lubrication manual pump.
Pull or pouch lever to verify that oil is coming to the sliding bench.
Check level of lubricant oil of tank , bench lubrication
Some point will be required to lubricate with gun oiler.
Headstock – twice a year – SHELL TELLUS 27 OR compatible
Compound slides, by gun oiler-daily -, -SHELL TONNA 33 or compatible
Apron & carriage-handle pump- daily -, -SHELL TONNA 33 or compatible
Tailstock nipple-by gun oiler- daily -, -SHELL TONNA 33 or compatible
Change gear nipple- by gun oiler- daily -, -SHELL TONNA 33 or compatible
Leadscrew nipple- by gun oiler- daily -, -SHELL TONNA 33 or compatible
Bed ways- by gun oiler- daily -, -SHELL TONNA 33 or compatible
- Check level of coolant, refill is required
- Empty tank and fill up with new coolant every 4 months.
- Avoid contact with coolant during the refilling process, you must wear rubber gloves.
- Test bottom of coolant tank to verify if there are solids.
- Remove solids and try always to keep coolant tank clean.
- Run the lathe and test coolant is supplied properly.
Electric: Check the main power cable for its conditions. If it is damaged, must be replaced.
Verify conditions of all external switches.
All switch with damage must be repair or replace it.
Check conditions of all limit switches. They must be strong in position. A loose or damage limit switch can generate a continuous fault on the machine
Centre point alignment:
Once a year, depending the precision required would be convenient to verify alignment of centre tailstock with centre of headstock.
Alignment can be obtain by fitting a total parallel bar between centres, and the with a dial indicator verify parallelism between centres.