Turn the machine off from the main power point and fit your tag??? Out of Order??? , to avoid someone can try to use the machine during your machinery maintenance procedure.
Open top cover, to verify conditions of the blades.
- If the blades are damage, they must be rotate or taken for resharpening. Don’t forget to put a warning to avoid the machine can be used without the guillotine blades.
Check conditions of shadow cable (many machineries use one).
Replace the shadow cable if it is broken.(MIG welding wire can be use)
Hydraulic pump and components inspection:
- Open the cover and check for any oil leaking from hydraulic pump.
- Check level of hydraulic oil.
- Clean all the enclosed area around the hydraulic pump.
- Check all hydraulic hose for, leaking, damage, tear or wear.
- Repair immediately any existing leaking.
- Put all the lower cover back
- Check the conditions of the pedal cable.
- Replace if it is in poor conditions or repair it if possible to do so.
- Check operational condition of switches.
- Lubricate the machine in all its lubrication point.
- General purpose grease should be use it.
- To lubricate you must consider an average of 120 hours of use.
- Verify conditions of components to lubricate before lubricating.
- Some point could require weekly lubrication.
- Check conditions of back stop.
- Check accuracy, Turn the machine ON for a few minutes and cut a piece of material with a pre-set dimension on back stop.
- Check if the dimension of the cut material coincide with the dimension pre-set. You shouldn’t have a discrepancy of more than 1 millimetre.
- Adjust the back stop if accuracy doesn’t match the minimum required. (1 mm in 1000 mm.)
- Check parallelism of the piece cut.
- Adjust the back stop in a parallel position if it is not cutting parallel.
- Check the main power cable for its conditions. If it is damaged, must be replaced.
- Verify conditions of all external switches.
- All switch with damage must be repair or replace it.
- Check conditions of all limit switches. They must be strong in position. A loose or damage limit switch can generate a continuous fault on the machine.
- Light: verify light is working properly and repair or replace if required.
Clean the machine and avoid machine can be used to stock off cuts.